Thursday 12 July 2012

Brookside

Brookside: Best Storylines (30th Anniversary Edition)

 I couldn’t write my fist blog about anything else! Hoorah, Finally! I don’t know about you but I have been waiting for this since brookside went off our screens back in 2003 after a run of 21 years.

After a 5 year campaign Lee Brady has succeeded and you can now pre order a copy for the DVD’s release date in November.

But what storylines will be included I wonder??

The body under the patio, Jimmy’s break down, the explosion on the parade or the lesbian kiss just to name a few that pop into my head straight away. Over the years there has been so many great stories which is why back in 2003 I was so disappointed when C4 announced that Brookside was to be no more.

In 2007 I visited the set to find it looking abandoned and derelict. Over grown trees and broken windows which made me feel unhappy after seeing it on my TV for 21 years I was in shock. Today though is a different story, the close has been re-developed and is now well worth a visit if you are passing (without making to much noise because the houses are occupied!). Every house in the close has been completely revamped and now looks more like its former self.

If you are on twitter give @BrooksideDVD a follow for more info and also checkout http://www.brooksidefans.com/ where you will find a forum, brookside facts and info on the campaign.

If you wish to leave any comments please do and give us a follow on twitter @Telepicks


Thanks for reading J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @telepicks